Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Pre-Bracket Seedings

So I don't like Joe Lunardi, argued this week that his Bracketology is a sham... yadda yadda yadda. Now I am going to try to prove that anyone can do it, put my money where my mouth is. This could be a huge SOGB or could be a triumphant success . Obviously I am not using that Turdbuggler's chart nor any similar ones offered on cnnsi.com or sportsline.com. This is just me using the RPI index, team schedules, and a list of conference winners.

I have been hiding out since you cant get away from bracket predictions. I tried watching OSU/Purdue but they wouldn't stop hypothesizing so I am not watching that now and instead putting in OSU/Purdue Winner and Loser based on how the game ends. I hope I didn't miss anyone glaring because I did this pretty quickly and hopefully this doesn't blow up in my face. Here goes...

1's: L'ville, UNC, Memphis, UCONN
2's: Pitt, Duke, Oklahoma, Mich State
3's: Mizzou, Wake, Cuse, Kansas
4's: Nova, Washington, Utah, OSU/Purdue Winner
5's: UCLA, FSU, Oklahoma St, Gonzaga (note- they should be worse but the committee loves them)
6's: Xavier, OSU/Purdue Loser, West Virginia, Illinois
7's: Sienna, Utah St, Clemson, Butler
8's: ASU, Temple, BYU, LSU
9's: USC, Maquette, Tenn, Tex A&M
10's: BC, California, Creighton, Texas
11's: Dayton, Minnesota, San Diego State, Michigan
12's: Cleveland St, Mississippi St, W. Kentucky, Maryland (UMD last in)
13's: ND State, American, N. Iowa, VCU
14's: Robert Morris, Akron, Binghampton, (Stone Cold) Stephen F. Austin
15's: Radford, Portland St, E Tenn St, Cornell
16's: Chattanooga, Morehead St, Morgan St, Alabama St, Cal State Northridge

Bubbles Burst:
+St. Marys (no way they deserve a bid for a soft schedule and 3 wins again top 100; sidenote- if I get burned I know it will be here, but I need a legit explanation on how they deserve it more than Maryland, Minny, or SDSU)
+Wisconsin (only 18 wins and an RPI of 45, thanks but no thanks)
+Illinois St (Beat Creighton 2 of 3, but swept by 201st rank Indiana St and 0 wins of tourney teams besides Creight)

No comments: